Monday, May 14, 2012

EZ Baked Tortilla Chips

Chips, Chips and more Chips!  My husband and kids loves them, so we are always running out!  And it is especially frustrating for Mom who can never seem to find enough on sale--and that stay fresh! One way we make up for this is by making our own tortilla chips.  I found this idea somewhere in the blogosphere and will be eternally grateful for a recipe that has saved me time and time again!!   I use these chips for soups, dips, salsa and salads-- and just for snacks. The best part is that they are so much healthier than their fried counter parts!  My kids love to help make these too!!

My ingredients:
  1. Stack of Corn Tortillas
  2. Kosher Salt
  3. Cooking Spray (preferably Canola Oil) -- the Crisco brand is actually my favorite but they all work!
  4. 1/8 Freshly Squeezed Lime (Optional)

  5.  Start buy cutting your stack of tortilla into six equal pieces


    Lay flat on cookie sheet -- try not to overlap pieces.


    Spray tortilla wedges with cooking spray lightly -- making sure each piece is covered!


    Flip each wedge and spray the side facing up with cooking spray!


    Grab a pinch of kosher salt and sprinkle evenly over all your tortilla wedges.  Avoid putting too much!!  A little goes a long way!


    Avoid trying to use your camera while sprinkling--Oops. :)


    Bake in your oven for 8 - 12 minutes at 400 degrees.
    8 minutes for a softer, chewier chip or up to 12 minutes for a crispier chip.


    Remove from the oven and eat immediately -- or let it cool.  Your choice. 
    Sprinkle warm chips lightly with lime juice -- for that touch of lime taste!


    And Enjoy!


I hope you love these as much as we do!  You can also cut these into strips for salad and soup toppings!

Have a spectacular day!!


Linking to:



EZ Baked Tortilla Chips

16 Corn Tortillas
Cooking Spray
1 tsp Kosher Salt
Juice of 1/8 of a lime

Cut tortillas into strips or wedges.  Lay flat on 11in X 17in Pan. Coat one side of wedges with cooking spray.  Flip wedges, Spray opposite side and then sprinkle each wedge lightly with kosher salt.  Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 8 to 12 minutes. 
Enjoy!!

3 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing! I will be trying these out soon! I always need tortilla chips and I always have corn torillas on hand so this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing at cowgirl up. I totally need to try making these since I don't like serving the fried version of the chips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!!! I love your salt container by the by. :) So making these asap!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!!! Your comments are the absolute best part of blogging!